Wednesday, April 02, 2008

To Karen - the Gutsiest Friend I Know

Not too long ago my friend Karen told me that she is facing a serious illness and some major surgery coming up next month. Throughout the whole ordeal she has not lost her sense of humor, graciousness or strength. I know that deep down she is fighting her own "demons" and may even be frightened (although she would never admit it!) I care about my friend very much and am a better person for knowing her. She is the gutsiest woman I have ever had the privilege to know! Karen - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

A Friend is a Treasure
A friend is someone we turn to,when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure,for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives,with beauty, joy and grace.
And make the world we live in,a better and happier place.

No comments: